SNCFT is a value we all share. That is why we devote every day to work and innovate in order to ensure safe trips to our customers and their goods.
Because you are expecting too much from us, because we are very much in demand we have planned to refresh our fleet and infrastructure in order to move to the rhythm of our customers.
Mastering the fundamentals of the rail product and having a dynamic, strict, motivated team responsive to customer culture, we continuously develop our relationship with our customers in order to satisfy their demands and allow them to travel in the best conditions of safety, comfort, and punctuality with competitive rates.
TUNISIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS COMPANY is a state owned non-administrative company, which is responsible for operation, maintenance and management of national rail network.
TUNISIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS COMPANY is also responsible for developing the rail network through the extension of existing lines or creating new lines.
It has a legal personality and financial autonomy, and it is placed under the leadership of the Ministry of Transport.
Its status is approved by the 69/31 law of May 9, 1969.
The Board of SNCFT is composed of 12 members and 1 state controller :
- The President (President and general Manager).
- 9 State representatives.
- 2 employee representatives.
- 1 State controller
SNCFT main tasks are:
- Rail passenger and freight operation on national railways network.
- Management and control of the property entrusted by the State in the form of concession
SNCFT safely ensures the transportation of:
- Goods (fertilizer and sulfur, building materials, food, petroleum coke, containers ...)
- Travelers of Suburbs and main lines.
It made an average flow of 283 trains / day.
Passengers and goods transportation of all kinds covers almost the whole national territory on a network of 2165 km with 23 lines:
- 1686 km metric gauge, of which 90 km electrified (65 km from Sousse Bab Jadid -Monastir-Mahdia and 25 km from Tunis - Hammam LIF - Borj Cédria)
- 471 km standard gauge
- 8 km double track.
The rail network includes 267 train stations, stations and stops. It also has 4 links Rail-road links to the objective of favoring multimodal passenger transport by combining rail and road transport.
These 4 combined road-rail links are the following :
- Gabes- Tataouine : 136 km.
- Gabes- Djerba : 125 km.
- Gabes- Zarzis 177 km.
SNCFT‘s activities are performed by the following Five transport business units :
- Main Lines Business Unit, which is responsible for Interurban Transport.
- Tunis Suburbs Business Unit which is responsible for suburbs passengers transport between Tunis and Borj-Cédria.
- Sahel Suburb Business Unit, which is responsible for suburbs passengers transport between Sousse-Bab Jdid -Monastir and Mahdia.
- Phosphate Business Unit which is responsible for transportation of phosphate
- Freight Business Unit, which is responsible of various goods such as Fertilizer, Sulphur, building materials, foodstuffs, petroleum coke, and containers.
These 4 business units are backed up by 4 business units:
- Central Departement of Tunisian Railway network exploitation, responsible of network operations and real estate.
- Industrial Maintenance business Unit responsible for the maintenance of rolling stock.
- Central Department of the Railway Domain.
- Central Department of Management and Finance.
SNCFT employs 4627 employees